I was reminded today of the last of the London smogs which occurred in 1963.
I lived in West London at the time and was travelling home with my Father who was driving. On reaching Hangar Lane on the A40, he could no longer see the kerb. I walked in front of the car as he was just able to see my figure through the fog. We progressed in that way for about 3 miles until nearer home the visibility improved a little. Luckily we managed to complete the journey without mishap.
- The Extraordinary Parish of Taxal
- Edward Salomons
- Bugsworth Tales
- Crime in the High Peak
- A Victorian Heroine
- A benighted parish
- The Driven Gipsies
- Not Only The Titanic
- "The Sale of a Wife" and "An Artful Trick"
- A Dangerous Road
- The Bloomsbury Group. Artists, Writers and Intellectuals
- Decorative Buxton
- Some Industrial Archaeology
- Stage Carriage
- Mimar Sinan - Architect To An Empire
- Frank Matcham
- The Midland Hotel
- Aviation In Colour
- Colourising Photographs. A comprehensive, no nonse...